Friday, May 11, 2007

What is Affiliate Marketing?

The other day I asked a few known marketers about what they thought of my blog & to give me a serious opinion. They told me 'it's a great site, but it needs content.' I was thrilled for their opinion, much less saying I was offering too much 'offers'. I just wanted to tell you affiliate marketers what I thought was good offers that I was introduced to. I'm pretty much just learning as you are, so I'll give you more 'content'. If I never gave you any content on what affiliate marketing was, why do I have a blog?

OK, affiliate marketing is basically...well, you know what? I'm going to write a poem for you about affiliate marketing. Does that sound great? I love poetry, so here it is...

Affiliate Marketing

Affiliating products for a business in turn for a percentage of the sale
Find a niche that you have passion in & lots of interest, like a hobby
Follow your instinct when a niche doesn't have much exposure
Incoming commissions will help you expand your niche
Lots of information on your product will entice your readers
If you want to get paid, you need a clickbank &/or paypal account
As a marketer, a website; blog; & squidoo lens are recommended for promoting
Too much offers will scare your readers away
Easy cash is always hard to reach; you got to work for the money

Market to people who are also interested in what you want to sell
All the offers you see isn't what it seems
Run a business that will satisfy you & your customers
Keep testing your ads, keywords, & salespages
Extra care for the messages you send will create a bond with your customers
Take that step to ask your readers for their opinion
Internet is changing with web 2.0 technology
Neat sites tell your customers you care
Get your product & start to make a list

To your success,

Darleen

No comments: